Aloha and welcome aboard our Dolphin Star®
wild dolphin watch and snorkel cruises with the highest safety standards. Our Star Care®
Program ensures the safety and wellness of our guests and team members.
- Face Covering: Masks are required for all guests ages 2 years and older, except when eating. Guests with medical conditions are exempt. Dolphin Star® team members all wear masks and also gloves during meal service.
- Spacing: Our capacity will be reduced for social distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer: will be available for all guests upon boarding and disembarking.
- Entering, Seating & Exit: Following social distancing, guests will board and be seated from the bow to the stern on the 2nd deck, then bow to the stern on the 1st deck. Disembarking will be by deck and from the stern to the bow.
- Prior to Boarding: We will disinfect high-touch areas including handrails, restroom surfaces and cruise handouts.
- Service: Our service may be modified to ensure the highest safety standards are met following government and guidelines.
- Overall Safety: Safety has been our #1 priority since our establishment in 1957. To ensure the highest standard in the industry, click here to learn more about our commitment to safety.
Behind the Scenes
- Health Check: Our Star team passes a wellness certification and temperature check prior to their shift.
- Stay Home: Team members displaying symptoms of illness, i.e. temperature of 100.4 or greater, are advised to stay at home. This applies to guests as well.
- Snorkel Equipment: Daily disinfection using disinfectant approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Daily Deep Cleaning: Disinfection of entire vessel by our Dolphin Star team.
Welcome Back Promotions
- Kids Cruise Free: On our Wild Dolphin Watch®, one child (age 3-11) cruises free per paying adult now through 12/31/20! Upgrade to lunch $10.00; Lunch and snorkel $27.00.
- Will you take each guest’s temperature before boarding?
No, we will not take each guest’s temperature, but request guest to stay at home if they have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, or are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Do you take your crew member’s temperature each day?
Yes, each crew member passes a wellness certification and temperature check prior to their shift.
- What are your social distancing requirements?
For daily public cruises, we follow guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For private parties and events, social distancing requirements are at the direction of the party or travel partner.
- What cleaning products do you use to sanitize your vessel?
All products are from the CDC recommended list.
- Are face coverings required for guests and crew?
Masks are required for all guests ages 2 years and older, except when eating. Guests with medical conditions are exempt. Dolphin Star team members all wear masks and also gloves during meal service.
- Do you still offer buffet service?
Our crew may serve our buffet menu to guests, depending on the guidelines set by the government at the time of our reopening.