HAPPY NATIONAL DOLPHIN DAY!
Did you know that April 14 is National Dolphin Day? To celebrate our favorite marine mammals, we want to share some fun dolphin facts that you may not have known:
- Dolphins have acute eyesight both in and out of the water and a well-developed sense of touch, with free nerve endings packed in their skin.
- They can hear frequencies ten times or more than the upper limit of what adult humans can, and are able to make a broad range of sounds using their nasal air sacs.
- They are highly social animals – dolphin pods congregate in areas with an abundance of food, forming superpods, which may include over 1,000 dolphins.
- They will accompany injured or ill dolphins, and may even assist with their breathing by bringing them to the surface if needed.
- Dolphins frequently jump above the water’s surface for many reasons such as saving energy while traveling, social display, non-verbal communication and dislodging parasites.
Observe this special day with us at Dolphin Star by booking a tour on our Wild Dolphin Watch! For more information or to book your cruise today, visit https://www.dolphin-star.com/cruises/.
Leave a Comment