This month, we’re shining the spotlight on our favorite marine animal — the Spinner Dolphin! These playful and acrobatic creatures are commonly spotted in Hawaii’s waters, and we can’t wait to share with you our favorite facts about them when you climb aboard a Dolphin Star cruise. Here’s a fun preview of the things you may learn about Spinner Dolphins:
- Their scientific name is Stenella longirostris.
- They can live up to 20 years in the wild.
- Most spinners weigh anywhere from 120 to 170 pounds.
- They vocalize with fellow spinners using whistles, clicks and other unique sounds.
- They are highly social mammals, and live amongst large pods in shallow waters during the day and deeper waters at night.
- They are named for their ability to leap gracefully out of the water and spin many times in a single leap.
Learn all of these facts and more from our friendly and knowledgeable certified Naturalists. Plus, take advantage of Dolphin Star’s exclusive Summer Child FREE Special! From July 1 through September 30, 2019, kids (ages 3 to 11) can cruise for FREE with each paying adult on the morning Wild Dolphin Watch cruise! For more information or to book your cruise today, call (808) 983-STAR (7827) or visit www.Dolphin-Star.com/special-offers.